19 January 2010

MSF January retreat

Once a month I join a couple of friends at a local retreat centre. Mostly we spend the day alone, each in our own space, writing, dreaming, seeking solitude or the company of others. I choose to enjoy the lunch hour with my fellow retreatants, but silent meals are an option.

Invariably I return home from these days away refreshed in body and soul, ready to tackle the demands of home and work (and working from home, hence the need for a physical retreat from my home office).

Today I came home to more work than usual ... what with the looming deadline of two articles for a local denominational paper, the refining of my literature course, and several other odds 'n' ends left unattended to before closing my office before Christmas. Back in the saddle!

No comments: